Our Breastmilk and Memorial Jewelry Course was developed to provide you with the tools and education, to develop your DNA Artisan business or provide this service to family and friends.
When I first opened up Prairie Mama, there was little to no information about Breastmilk Jewelry. I had no idea where to start and found everything to be very overwhelming. Although I had operated my own business prior to opening up Prairie Mama, I had so many questions and nowhere to go. My background was in graphic design and I had never created a piece of jewelry.
It literally took me a YEAR to figure out how to preserve milk and slowly developing the business side of things. I felt like I was walking into a dark tunnel and had no idea what to expect on the other side.
What do we cover in the course?
We cover A LOT in the course...and it's only $350! (Plus, if you need a payment plan, that's okay too. Select "Put on LAY-BUY" at the checkout).
- Three separate preservation methods
- Sanitation, Workspace, Storing Preserved Inclusions
- How to create a number of pieces such as rings, earrings and necklaces
- What supplies you will need
- How to price out products
- Customer Service
- Where to purchase supplies (rings, necklaces, etc)
- Logo Design
- Starter Kit for your website
- Calculating Turnaround Time
- Marketing / Graphic Design Information (including SEO)
- A badge you can display on social media / website
- Social Media Assistance and Mentorship available (additional cost)
What is covered in the Social Media Assistance and/or Mentorship?
All mentorship and social media spots are full as of February 2020.
It's always overwhelming to begin something brand new. Our Mentorship option is ideal for those who want a little extra support. We can help you stay focused and on track with your preservation and business development.
By purchasing our Mentorship package, we will be there to guide you along. You will have access to us by Social MediaDM, e-mail, video chat (between the hours of 9:00am EST - 11pm EST, Monday to Sunday) if you have any questions or concerns.
We have 5 and 10 hour packages available (must be used within 30 days) or 3 and 6 month unlimited packages.
All mentorship and social media spots are full as of February 2020.
We have over 15 years in graphic design and brand development experience. We know the steps and tools required to make a business successful on social media.
We are able to provide assistance with the following:
- A one-time consultation (video chat is ideal) to discuss your needs and what you would like help with
- Setting up your social media accounts
- Helping you create visually appealing graphics for your social media accounts (we're happy to do this for you... or walk you through the steps!)
- Social Media Engagement – We will engage with other accounts related to yours by providing likes, comments, following a select number of accounts (if need be). This all helps bring in more traffic to YOUR social media account.
- We will walk you through setting up a Social Media Schedular
- Providing you with a wide range of hashtags that have worked for us
- We will send you a whopping 198 Social Media graphics that can be used for posts such as Sale, Followers, Thank You, Grateful, Discounts as well as a variety of quotes included in that download.
- If we missed anything in this list, let us know. We're always happy to help.
We have 5, 10, 20, 50 hour packages available for our Social Media Assistance.
How long do I have access to the course?
Forever! Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for as long as you need. So devour it all in one weekend or take things slow. It's your choice!
You will have access to your digital file forever. We will go through the course material (on our end) every six months to ensure links are still working, material is kept up to date and send you an updated digital file if need be.
What if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Well, I would be sad. But due to the sensitive nature included our course, we are unable to refund your purchase.
Who is eligible to take this course? What about start-up costs?
Anyone who wishes to provide this service to their friends and family OR as a business. Basic knowledge in breastfeeding and customer service is essential. This is a great course for those who stay at home and wish to receive a little extra income.
The approximate start up costs vary by region, but can look similar to the following (priced in Canadian):
- Silicone Molds – $10
- Resin – $30-$60 (depending on the volume of resin)
- Medicine Cups – $10-$25
- Popsicle Sticks – $5-10
- Preservation Supplies – $50-$80
Do I have to be in Canada to take this course?
Not at all! Our course is virtual and we provide you with information that is relevant to both Canadian and US residents.
How much space (in my home, studio...) should I allow for creating pieces?
If you have a small area in your home where you have at least 5' to move around, that should be enough to start. When I first started my company, I purchased a desk off from IKEA and bought minimal supplies. As I grew my business, I purchased other supplies that would enhance my work (but weren't a must-have upon opening my shop). You can even purchase something like this.
I already know how to preserve the breastmilk but need a little help with the business aspect (purchasing supplies, how to price things out, etc). Can I get a discount?
It is more cost effective to purchase the entire course as there's a LOT of information packed into it and we have discounted the packet if it's purchased altogether.
But with that being said, we do understand that you may have a preservation method that works for you but you need a little help with where to purchase the supplies or figure out how to launch your jewelry business.
Individual PDF's – COMING SOON
We have set up the option to purchase any of the following separately (no badge is provided if purchased separately):
- Suppliers List – Receive a separate PDF full of information on where to purchase every single ring, necklace, earrings, etc that Prairie Mama carried.
- How to create each piece – A separate PDF file explaining how to make each piece
- Preservation Method – Two separate preservation methods explained (PDF provided)
I can't start until Fall 2020. Is it even worth buying the course right now?
That's OK! You can purchase the course right now and begin when it works with your schedule. There's a ton of information packed into the course. You can read a little bit here and there until you're ready to begin preserving. We're doing our best to keep the spots limited for right now and are unsure if we will open up more spots down the road.
Can I actually make any money though doing this?
Absolutely!!! Breastmilk and Memorial Jewelry is becoming very popular as more people are learning about it. We will provide you with the tools and knowledge you need in order to build a solid foundation for your own business.